It has been a challenging week because my little guy is teething like crazy. He typically doesn't seem to react to his teeth coming in which I believe is from the Baltic Amber necklace he's worn since he was three months old. For whatever reason, the only thing that is helping him now are the teething pops that I have been making for him. The pops are made from one of my herbal teas Mama's "Calm" Tea Blend..... with a small amount of honey used to sweeten, soothe sore gums, and enhance the flavors of the herbs. The popsicle mold that I like is perfect for little mouths and is available here.
Cedar will ask for a pop when he is visibly struggling with the teething and suck on it until the pain subsides.They are actually one of the few things that are helping him to fall asleep during these growing pains. I've actually been enjoying them too.... Bonus to all you Mama's out there, the herbs in these pops are also good for calming nervous tension which is always good for a Mama with a teething babe. An additional plus is that if you are a nursing mama, your babe will get this through your milk so drink up your tea! ;)
If you are interested in purchasing this blend please send me an email on my contact page. I do not have an online store set up yet so all orders can be done through email and billed through PAYPAL.
5 tsp. Mama's Calm Tea Blend
1 quart of hot water
Splash of honey, maple syrup, or Rose Petal Elixir
1. Put the tea blend in a tea strainer and into a 1 quart mason jar.
2. Add hot water and cover for 15 minutes.
3. Strain and add a small amount of sweetener.
4. Let cool to room temperature.
5. Pour tea into mini popsicle molds and put in freezer.
6. Left over tea will last a few days in the fridge so you can refill pops as needed or just drink as an herbal iced tea.
* I am an associate through Amazon and I do receive commission for the products you order through my links at no extra cost to you. That being said, I give my promise to only market products to you that I fully believe in and have used myself.